Welcome to a magical walk through the Carpathian region of nice nature and kind people.
Web serves as an information source about the Carpathians, targeted mainly on less civilized areas of the mountains and foothills. In some cases, the web can be used as a tourist guide with useful text and rich photo documentation.
Articles on the map
- 27th January 2020: Orlovice
- 25th January 2020: Salaš Krajinka
- 23th January 2020: Manin Gorge
- 21th January 2020: Veľká Rača
- 19th January 2020: Sklabiňa Castle
- 17th January 2020: Thermal lake Kalameny
- 15th January 2020: Liptovská Mara
- 13th January 2020: Nový Hrozenkov
The Carpathians are mountains stretching from the edge of Austria through Moravia, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine and Romania to the edge of Serbia. The highest mountain of the Carpathians is Slovak Gerlach Peak (2655 m). The name Karpaty probably comes from the base karp, meaning rock or stone.
Using photos without permission is prohibited. If you are interested in my photographs of the Carpathians, please, contact me - firstname.lastname@example.org.