Welcome to a magical walk through the Carpathian region of nice nature and kind people.
Web serves as an information source about the Carpathians, targeted mainly on less civilized areas of the mountains and foothills. In some cases, the web can be used as a tourist guide with useful text and rich photo documentation.
Articles on the map
- 19th December 2018: Chvojnická pahorkatina
- 17th December 2018: Bukovynka
- 15th December 2018: Truskavets
- 13th December 2018: Studénka
- 11th December 2018: Richka and Potik
- 9th December 2018: Šíp
- 7th December 2018: Serednie
- 5th December 2018: Štramberk
The Carpathians are mountains stretching from the edge of Austria through Moravia, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine and Romania to the edge of Serbia. The highest mountain of the Carpathians is Slovak Gerlach Peak (2655 m). The name Karpaty probably comes from the base karp, meaning rock or stone.
Using photos without permission is prohibited. If you are interested in my photographs of the Carpathians, please, contact me - firstname.lastname@example.org.