Welcome to a magical walk through the Carpathian region of nice nature and kind people.
Web serves as an information source about the Carpathians, targeted mainly on less civilized areas of the mountains and foothills. In some cases, the web can be used as a tourist guide with useful text and rich photo documentation.
Articles on the map
- 8th April 2018: Isai
- 6th April 2018: Basics of Romanian language
- 15th November 2017: Kysuce Forest Railway
- 12th November 2017: Orava Forest Railway
- 10th November 2017: Magurka
- 8th November 2017: Stará Bystrica
- 5th November 2017: Turzovka Highlands
- 3rd November 2017: Kasárne
The Carpathians are mountains stretching from the edge of Austria through Moravia, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine and Romania to the edge of Serbia. The highest mountain of the Carpathians is Slovak Gerlach Peak (2655 m). The name Karpaty probably comes from the base karp, meaning rock or stone.
Using photos without permission is prohibited. If you are interested in my photographs of the Carpathians, please, contact me - firstname.lastname@example.org.